British F1: Oulton Park opener moves back to second May Bank Holiday weekend

British F1: Oulton Park opener moves back to second May Bank Holiday weekend

British F1: Oulton Park opener moves back to second May Bank Holiday weekend

Oulton Park 2020

The Bennetts British Superbike Championship organisers today announced a change to the April test schedule and the date for the opening round at Oulton Park.

This means that the opening round for the British Sidecar Championship is also affected and will now take place over the second May Bank Holiday weekend 29-31 May.

MSVR cite the reasons for the change as wishing to occupy dates traditionally held by the road racing fraternity, thereby removing the wide gap between rounds one and two.

It does mean that Oulton Park and Thruxton are now back-to-back rounds to kick the new season off in style.

All other dates in the provisional calender are unchanged. They remain as per the original schedule.

FIM Sidecar World Championship – Provisional calendar announced for 2021 season

FIM Sidecar World Championship – Provisional calendar announced for 2021 season

FIM Sidecar World Championship – Provisional calendar announced for 2021 season

Wyssen and Hofer

Since becoming official promoters in 2020, the aim of the RKB-F1 Motorsport and Santander Salt organisations has been to work closely with the FIM and circuit organisers to raise the profile and integrity of the FIM Sidecar World Championship.

Under the constraints of a Global pandemic, the challenges have been immense, and it is still possible that obstacles will arise because of the ongoing situation. However, a determined effort and huge cooperation by all parties has resulted in ameaningful eight-round schedule across at least six countries on top class circuits.

Part of the aim was always to bring world-class sidecar racing to the big stage, and there is no bigger platform than the Le Mans 24-hour World Endurance race. That is where the action will begin over the weekend of April 15-17th.

Provisional dates are as follows:

April 15-17 Le Mans-Bugatti, France 2 x races
April 23-25 TBA 2 x races
June 26-27 Pannoniaring, Hungary – TBC 2 x races
August 20-22 Grobnik-Rijeka, Croatia 2 x races
September 16-18 Le Castellet-Paul Ricard, France 2 x races
October 1-3 Oschersleben, Germany 2 x races
October 15-17 Brands Hatch, UK 2 x races
October 29-31 Estoril, Portugal 2 x races


Effective 2021 the two different race length format is discontinued i.e (Sprint and Gold). All rounds will now host two races of the same duration.

The management team of RKB-F1 Motorsport and Santander Salt would like to extend sincere thanks to the FIM, circuit organisers and all other involved parties for their tireless efforts in making the 2021 season possible.

FIM Sidecar: ACU Brexit Transition bulletin

FIM Sidecar: ACU Brexit Transition bulletin

FIM Sidecar: ACU Brexit Transition bulletin

FIM Sidecar World championship logos

ACU logo

Brexit Transition

Last Updated: Monday 4 January 2021

The UK has left the EU, and the transition period after Brexit comes to an end on 31st December 2020. Given the very recent news of a trade deal with the EU, announced on 24th December, ACU is aware of the need for organisers and participants to plan for 2021 and is seeking urgent responses from government to establish clear guidance.


What we know so far:


What does this mean for me if I want to travel into or through Europe to take part in motorsport events from 1st January 2021?

Individuals and teams travelling to events should be aware of key changes following the anticipated UK departure from the European Union.

So what in particular do I need to think about?

• Travel insurance that includes personal health insurance
• Passports (must have a minimum of 6 months’ validity and be less than 10 years old)
• International Driving Permits (required by some EU states)
• Green Cards (can take up to a month for insurance companies to issue)
• All vehicles will need to display a GB sticker even if there is a GB logo on their vehicle number plate
• Anyone driving their own car within the EU will be required to carry their vehicle V5C logbook
• Anyone wishing to take a rental car out of the UK to the EU will also need to complete a VE103 form requesting permission

Please also note: Arrangements in respect of ATA Carnets and the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) are yet to be announced. Details will provide an update as soon as this information is available.

Will I be able to travel to the EU without a visa?

It appears that visa free movement will be permitted for 90 days in any 180 days for business (meetings & conferences) and tourism. Sport should therefore be largely unaffected, including the movement of support staff where salaried in the UK, but if persons are salaried from within the EU this may not be so. Longer stays and other business activities will be subject to the immigration rules of individual states. Coaching overseas may be subject to the coach requiring a visa.

Will my current UK health care insurance be sufficient for travel?

Please check with your healthcare provider to see whether you are covered in Europe, as you may need to take out further insurance to provide the necessary cover.

Is a Green Card required and how do I obtain one?

From 1st January individuals require a green card to drive their car in Europe. This is a document motorists get from their insurer to prove their car is covered.

Motorists should contact their insurers six weeks before travelling to ask for a green card. Separate green cards are needed for trailers and caravans. The green card is only proof of a minimum level of third-party cover – individuals will need to check with their insurer to find out what level of cover they would receive.

Will I need an International Driving Permit (IDP)?

An IDP will be needed to drive in some European countries. Government advice is to check with the embassy of the country you are thinking of travelling to.

What about my equipment which needs to come with me?

We are seeking clarification from government on the subject of customs papers/carnets.

What if I am a settled EU Citizen living in the UK?

EU citizens will need to register with the EU settlement scheme before June, in order to continue living and working in Britain.

Successful applicants will be granted the indefinite right to continue living and working in the UK. Further clarity is anticipated on this matter.

Further guidance

We draw competitors’ attention to the following sites for further guidance updates:

You can also use the Transition Self Checker to get more guidance and actions tailored to your organisation.

Pin It on Pinterest